I offer virtual therapy sessions if you live outside the GTA, have a busy schedule, or are unable to attend an in-person session. You do not need to travel to my office and we can have a session remotely from anywhere in Ontario. Please ask me more about this service.
I am currently offering only virtual sessions during the COVID-19 pandemic. I use a secure online therapy platform that is Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) and The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) compliant. For more information, please visit the Ontario Psychological Association and the Canadian Psychological Association.
Why choose Virtual Therapy
- If you live in a rural or remote area and there may be considerable travel time to see your therapist
- If the type of treatment or mental health practices, you are looking for is limited or not available in your geographic area
- Accessibility for individuals with physical limitations or if they are housebound
- It is more convenient because you will be attending therapy sessions online in the comfort of your own home. You can often schedule your therapy sessions for times that are the most convenient for you
- Many insurance providers cover online therapy just as they would in-person therapy sessions. Contact your insurance company to learn more about their policy on telepsychology
- Treatment is more accessible and often makes it easier to overcome the stigma that is historically attached to attending psychological sessions
- Teletherapy can be an option to improve your psychological health even when you do not have a clinical diagnosis
- I found this CBC article helpful on how to find the online mental health care provider that is right for you
What do I need for Virtual Therapy
- A confidential space to attend your session
- An email account to receive an invitation link for your session
- A device such as a computer, laptop, tablet or phone
- Access to the internet or cellular network